Who We Are
LAHMS is the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer student organization at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Together with the LGBT Program Director for Harvard Medical School, we've put together this website for current and prospective students and faculty. Our goals include:
- increasing visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, and queer (LGBTQ) students;
- discussing issues particular to being an LGBTQ doctor, trainee, and dentist;
- fostering awareness of the needs and concerns of LGBTQ patients;
- ensuring sensitivity in the curriculum and inclusion of LGBTQ health topics;
- developing a welcoming and supportive community among students, faculty, and staff.