2020 Sep 24
Who We Are
You have reached the home for LGBTQ Outreach and Engagement at Harvard Medical School. Find out more about:
- LAHMS: the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, and queer student club.
- Sexual and Gender Minorities (SGM) Health Equity Initiative: a three-year plan to amend the MD curriculum so that all students and faculty clinicians become well equipped to provide high-quality, holistic health care for sexual and gender minority patients of all ages
Our goals include:
- increasing visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, and queer (LGBTQ) students, faculty, and staff;
- discussing issues particular to being an LGBTQ doctor, trainee, and dentist;
- fostering awareness of the needs and concerns of LGBTQ patients;
- ensuring understanding in the curriculum and inclusion of LGBTQ health topics;
- developing a supportive community among students, faculty, and staff.